I have gone back to a team that kept me amused at the end of FM16 as a way of getting me back into the game. The big difference though is that this will be a club and country game with the National team.
Honved are based in the capital Budapest and have had a great history having been founded in 1909. During the 1950's, Honved produced the spine of the Mighty Magyars with Ferenc Puskas, Sandor Kocsis, Jozsef Bozsik and Zoltan Czibor all coming from Honved. It was this side that allowed Honved to pick up 4 league trophies during the 1950's.
There was a 2nd successful period during the 1980's and early 1990's which saw another 8 league titles including league and cup doubles in 1985 and 1989. It leaves Honved 4th in the all time league table with 13 Championships a long way behind local rivals Ferencvaros who sit on 28. Facility wise i have to look at improving the youth and training facilities if we are going to be sustainable in the long run
In fact, the last league title was in 1993 meaning it is 23 years since we have tasted glory Albeit in real life Honved shocked Hungary by picking up a 14th League title! A rebuild is needed though as the club are predicted to come 11th out of 12 and we are 650-1 to win the title. This is no enviable task. We have no wage budget (In fact we started £1.3k over the wage budget) and we have no transfer budget but the club does have £1.9m sitting in the bank
However, this once great team needs to see the glory it deserves and that is where i step in. My assistant feels the below is where we stand and i have to agree depth is an area that needs to be improved.
Looking through the squad, we have a lot of younger players in their late teens and early twenties that will certainly fill out the bench all who possibly have the potential to go onto be stars. Right now i see there being 5 key players to any success for the team
5 Key Players
1. Davide Lanzafame - The highest paid player by a long way at the club, the ex Juventus graduate is a class above everyone not only at the club but in the league. He has somewhat of a chequered past having been caught up in Match fixing charges whilst playing in Italy for Bari but ast season in the real world he hit 11 goals as Honved became champions.
2. Marton Eppel - Top scorer in the Hungarian league this season, he is my only half decent striker at my disposal. Stat wise he looks pretty average but i am relying on him succeeding in game.
3. Botond Barath - A very solid left back that i remember managing last season before a bigger club came in to steal him. A solid allrounder he has more than enough quality for this level but i hope to keep him for at least a year or two before he inevitably leaves
4. Dusan Vasiljevic - Another familiar face for me as this veteran midfielder will be the main man that i hope to supply the creativity to get the ball in the right positions. Getting on and physically will decline but he should still be able to control the game with the ball as i put numbers around him.
5. David Grof - A solid keeper who is now a Hungarian International after his impressive displays in the real world. If we can keep clean sheets we will have a strong chance of surviving this season.
So there we have it. As we have no money to reinforce it is going to be a case of selling to generate any income to bring new faces in. We have a few youngsters who are not going to make the cut that i can shift for tiny / no fees and a Hungarian player on loan from Belgian side Sint-Truiden that doesnt look much cop so he can have that cancelled saving us £750 per week